Would you like to volunteer? Are you looking for a role that makes an impact on our school without a major time commitment? Join one of our committees! Volunteer to lead the committee or to help out as part of the team.
- School Spirit - Help create fun and engaging ways to keep the Cottage Lake Elementary community connected during this time of remote learning. If you've got ideas (big or small) or want to help with some activities/events we've already got, we need your help to keep school spirit alive and strong at CLE!
- Art Docent - As an art docent, you will help students gain an appreciation for art. We will help to train you and there is a pre-planned curriculum at your disposal. You do not have to be an art scholar or renowned artist; anyone can do this! As Art Docent Chair, you will be responsible for overseeing the other classroom Art Docents. The art docent chair is part of the Board of Directors – Be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more!
- External Grant Writing - This committee is in charge of writing EXTERNAL grants to secure additional funding for our school. There is lots of money out there, and this is one way we can raise money for Cottage Lake programs and/or equipment without asking parents to foot the bill! There is no specific time commitment or timeline necessary to get started. Deadlines for grant request submissions would be set by the benefactors.
- Internal Teacher/Staff Grants - This committee is in charge of reviewing and deciding which INTERNAL teacher/staff grants are approved for funding by the CLE PTA. This committee reviews/approves grants approximately 2-3 times per school year and conducts business by email - so this is a great committee for a working parent. This grants chair is part of the Board of Directors – Be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more!
- Staff Appreciation - This committee coordinates Staff Appreciation events throughout the year to honor the sacrifice and dedication of all Cottage Lake Staff members. This includes quarterly lunches and staff appreciation week (typically in May). This committee is always looking for fun and creative ways to show the CLE staff how much we value their efforts and dedication to our children. The staff appreciation chair is part of the Board of Directors – Be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more!
- Enrichment classes - The Enrichment Learning committee develops and manages a schedule of optional before and after school classes for Cottage Lake students in areas such as art, creative writing, drama, gardening, physical fitness, and second language learning. Enrichment class instructors include adults in our community as well as Cottage Lake parents. Volunteers can help with supervision, scheduling, record keeping, and many other components of this program.
- Outreach social/services - This committee reaches out to our school community in many ways including: food drive, Thanksgiving gift cards, holiday gift drive, meals, supplies and cards for families in need and welcoming new families. Among many other helping and welcoming activities throughout the year!
- Legislative Committee - The Legislative Committee works to provide PTA members with information about educational issues in Washington State. The committee educates members about how both the State and National PTA are working to advance educational issues in the legislature. Information can be disseminated through the PTA newsletters and at PTA meetings. If you want to be involved in the big picture, this is the committee for you!
- Membership - This committee defines for the community the benefits of membership in the PTA and actively recruits members. This committee plans and implements a membership drive. There are many resources available online from the State PTA Website to help with this. (It’s simpler than it sounds!) The committee is also responsible for online registration and maintenance of the membership roster, membership forms and distributing membership cards and directories. A fun committee to be on! The membership chair is part of the Board of Directors – Be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more!
- Emergency Preparedness - The Cottage Lake PTA contributes monies and equipment to the school for emergency preparedness. Help this committee by maintaining the emergency supplies kept on school grounds in a container car. The CLE PTA maintains 3 days of supplies in the event that students are unable to be picked up by parents. This committee is responsible for inventory of all emergency supplies and for educating parents and staff regarding emergency procedures.
- STEM Fair - Help make the STEM fair virtual this year -- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math. This is an engaging and educational opportunity for our students to showcase their experiments, research and idea's and we hope to keep it going this year.
- Reflections Art Contest - The Art Reflections Program is a Nation PTA and WSPTA cultural art competition. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works. The Art Reflections committee will coordinate Cottage Lake Elementary students’ submissions with the district and ensure all deadlines are met for the competition.
- Follies (talent show) - This committee will work to put on our annual Cottage Lake Follies talent show. Volunteers help promotion the event, sign up students and put it together to view virtually. The Follies committee encourages all students, no matter what level of talent, to participate and perform.
- Nominating Committee - This is a crucial job within the Cottage Lake PTA. The nominating committee selects nominees for the incoming PTA Executive Committee each year. Positions on the Executive Committee include: President, Co-President, Events, Fundrasing, Communications, Secretary, and Treasurer. Each of these roles is required for any PTA to function well and be in compliance with insurance requirements. If you want a short-term commitment in the spring, this is the volunteer position for you.
- Yearbook - This committee handles the design, coordination, sales, and distribution of the yearbook at the end of the year. You will capture memories and collect photos from school and PTA events throughout the year, coordinating with other parent photographers and completing a layout for the yearbook.
Have other ideas not listed? Email President@cottagelakepta.org