The PTA is currently seeking the following positions:
- VP of Fundraising - This position is on the Executive Board AND Board of Directors – This is an essential position where you get to be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more! The VP of Fundraising manages different fundraising efforts to help the PTA raise money to support and enhance your student’s education. This position is typically held by 2 people and we have 1 spot left for 2021/22!
- VP of Events - This position is on the Executive Board AND Board of Directors – This is an essential position where you get to be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more! The VP of Events plans and executes popular school events like Monster Mash, Winter Dance, Ice Cream Social, etc. This position is typically held by 2 people and we have 1 spot left for 2021/22!
- Art Docent - As an art docent, you will help students gain an appreciation for art. We will help to train you and there is a pre-planned curriculum at your disposal. You do not have to be an art scholar or renowned artist; anyone can do this! As Art Docent Chair, you will be responsible for overseeing the other classroom Art Docents. The art docent chair is part of the Board of Directors – Be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more!
- Internal Teacher/Staff Grants - This committee is in charge of reviewing and deciding which INTERNAL teacher/staff grants are approved for funding by the CLE PTA. This committee reviews/approves grants approximately 2-3 times per school year and conducts business by email - so this is a great committee for a working parent. This grants chair is part of the Board of Directors – Be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more!
- Enrichment classes - The Enrichment Learning committee develops and manages a schedule of optional before and after school classes for Cottage Lake students in areas such as art, creative writing, drama, gardening, physical fitness, and second language learning. Enrichment class instructors include adults in our community as well as Cottage Lake parents. Volunteers can help with supervision, scheduling, record keeping, and many other components of this program.
- Outreach social/services - This committee reaches out to our school community in many ways including: food drive, Thanksgiving gift cards, holiday gift drive, meals, supplies and cards for families in need and welcoming new families. Among many other helping and welcoming activities throughout the year!
- Legislative Committee - The Legislative Committee works to provide PTA members with information about educational issues in Washington State. The committee educates members about how both the State and National PTA are working to advance educational issues in the legislature. Information can be disseminated through the PTA newsletters and at PTA meetings. If you want to be involved in the big picture, this is the committee for you!
- Emergency Preparedness - The Cottage Lake PTA contributes monies and equipment to the school for emergency preparedness. Help this committee by maintaining the emergency supplies kept on school grounds in a container car. The CLE PTA maintains 3 days of supplies in the event that students are unable to be picked up by parents. This committee is responsible for inventory of all emergency supplies and for educating parents and staff regarding emergency procedures.
- STEAM Fair - Help make the STEAM fair virtual this year -- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math. This is an engaging and educational opportunity for our students to showcase their experiments, research and ideas and we hope to keep it going this year.
- Reflections Art Contest - The Art Reflections Program is a Nation PTA and WSPTA cultural art competition. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works. The Art Reflections committee will coordinate Cottage Lake Elementary students’ submissions with the district and ensure all deadlines are met for the competition.
- Follies (talent show) and School Play - This committee will work to put on our annual Cottage Lake Follies talent show. Volunteers help promotion the event, sign up students and put it together to view virtually. The Follies committee encourages all students, no matter what level of talent, to participate and perform.
- Nominating Committee - This is a crucial job within the Cottage Lake PTA. The nominating committee selects nominees for the incoming PTA Executive Committee each year. Positions on the Executive Committee include: President, Co-President, Events, Fundraising, Communications, Secretary, and Treasurer. Each of these roles is required for any PTA to function well and be in compliance with insurance requirements. If you want a short-term commitment in the spring, this is the volunteer position for you.
- Yearbook - This committee handles the design, coordination, sales, and distribution of the yearbook at the end of the year. You will capture memories and collect photos from school and PTA events throughout the year, coordinating with other parent photographers and completing a layout for the yearbook
- Have other ideas not listed? Email President@cottagelakepta.org